Micro Laser Peel Care
Erbium Laser Care
PRE LASER INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not use aspirin, aspirin containing medications, ibuprofen, or alcohol for at least 1 week before treatment.
- Minimize sun exposure, as best as possible, for at least 1 month before treatment.
ERBIUM LASER TREATMENT EXPECTATIONS
- You will experience a sunburn sensation that usually subsides within 8 hours
- Increase tightness of the skin felt within 8 hours
- The skin will begin to peel within 72 hours and will peel for 2-3 days.
- Normal skin color returns once peeling is complete.
- Makeup can be worn after 24 hours.
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks after treatment.
ERBIUM LASER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Apply a thin coat of Aquaphor for 24 to 48 hours.
- On the day of treatment, clean with Cetaphil cleaner then reapply Aquaphor.
- Use tepid water when showering and do not scrub with the washcloth.
- On the 2-3 to 3-4 post operative day, use vinegar soaks (2 tablespoons of white vinegar per 1 quart of water). This can be applied to the treated area every 3 hours. This promoted the peeling and healing of the area.
Please contact our office at 205-991-9787 with any questions you might have.
Gonzalez & Carr
Oral Facial Surgery