Laser Hair Removal Care
Before Laser Hair Removal
- No sun tanning, tanning bed, or self tanning creams 4 weeks prior to treatment. If you must be in the sun, use sunscreen of at least SPF 30 or greater with UVA and UVB protection.
- Please discontinue Retin A or Renova 72 hours prior to facial treatment.
- Do not pluck, wax, use a depilatory, or undergo electrolysis in the areas to be treated for 6 weeks prior to treatment. Shaving is fine.
- If you have a history of Herpes Simplex Virus or cold sores, you must pre-medicate one day prior to treatment to lessen or prevent further outbreaks. We will not be able to treat you if you have active lesions or sores.
- Please remove any make-up, lotion, body oil, perfume, and jewelry prior to your appointment.
- Please wear clothing that will allow access to the area to be treated.
After Treatment Instructions
- Some redness and swelling of the treated area is normal after treatment and may be similar to a sunburn. This should resolve within several hours to a day after treatment.
- You may have the appearance of raised bumps where the follicles are. This is normal.
- Avoid heat or hot water to the treated area for 24 hours.
- You can apply cool compresses or ice packs to help with any discomfort.
- Gently clean thearea twice a day with a mild cleanser.
- You may apply a moisturizer to the treated area.
- After a shower, gently pat the area dry. The area may be sensitive to rubbing.
- Avoid irriants like glycolic, acids, retinoids, etc. for 7 days after treatment.
- If you are in the sun, apply susscreen with at least SPF 30 that protects UVA/UVB.
- The only acceptable hair removal method between treatments is shaving.
- It may take 1-3 weeks for the dead hairs to shed out of the follicle.
- If a blister developes, which is rare, do not pop it open. Clean with a mixture f 50%water and 50% hydrogen peroxide. Apply Bacitracin ointment or petroleum jelly and cover with a band aide or non stick Telpha pad. Call us so we can evaluate you.
Gonzalez & Carr
Oral Facial Surgery